The Diversity and Inclusion@CUHK slogan competition aims to enhance understanding and promote awareness of the University community towards diversity and inclusion and its core values, i.e. openness, civility and inclusivity.
- The competition is open to all students and staff.
- The participants should be current students or staff of CUHK as at 7 April 2021, the due date of submission.
Requirements for slogan
- Slogans should pertain to the theme: “Diversity and inclusion @CUHK” /「多元共融在中大」
- Chinese Category: Within 30 characters including punctuation
- English Category: Within 30 words including punctuation
- Entries should not show the name of student or staff in any form.
Submission of Entries
- Interested students or staff should complete and submit the online application form by 6:00 pm (HKT) on 7 April 2021 (Wednesday). Late submission will not be considered.
- Each entrant can submit 1 ENTRY ONLY under either the Chinese or English category.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to abide by the terms, conditions and rules set out in the Terms and Conditions of the competition.
- If more than one entries from the same entrant are received, all these entries will not be considered.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Relevancy to the theme “Diversity and Inclusion @CUHK” 40%
- Clarity & Expression of ideas 30%
- Creativity 30%
||No. of Awardees
||$800 LOG-ON Gift Card
||$300 LOG-ON Gift Card
||$40 Cafe330 Coupon
Results will be announced via the Diversity and Inclusion website (https://www.dio.cuhk.edu.hk/) in late June 2021. Winners will be notified by email prior to the announcement on the website.
|4 March to 7 April 2021
||Call for Entry and Submission Period
|7 April 2021 (by 6:00 p.m.)
|Late June 2021
|To be announced
Terms and Conditions
The Diversity and Inclusion Office of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (“Organiser”) is the organiser of the “Diversity and Inclusion Slogan Competition 2021” (“Competition”). All entrants should read carefully all the terms and conditions before submitting their entries.
- The Competition is divided into 2 categories, Chinese and English, for adjudication.
- By entering the contest, entrants grant the Organiser, and those authorized by the Organiser, the copyright and a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, modify, adapt, display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other standard University The Organiser will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- Entrants giving untrue, incorrect or incomplete personal information may be disqualified.
- By entering the competition, entrants confirm that the content of their entry:
- is original, their own, and has not been submitted, issued, published or awarded in any other competitions or platforms before.
- does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties.
- If there are any legal actions, demands, claims and expenses arising from the entries which infringe intellectual property rights, the entrants shall bear full responsibility and liability.
- Entries once submitted cannot be modified or resubmitted. Each entry can win at most one prize.
- The Organiser has the right to decide on the judging panel and decisions made by the judging panel shall be final and conclusive.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest and the right to modify any terms, conditions and rules in the Terms and Conditions unilaterally for any reasons at any time that the Organiser deems fit.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, the Organiser reserves the right to award or not award the prizes at its sole discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entrants in its absolute discretion whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with, or attempt to tamper the competition; violate these terms and conditions; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Decisions of the Organiser are final.
- The Organiser may disqualify anyone who fails to respond to the email notification to winners within 5 working days.
- Before the prize is awarded, the winners will be required sign a release and license and declaration of eligibility (Release form). Failure to sign the Release form will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Prizes are not transferable, deferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Unused portions of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be payable in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Personal data collected in the online application form will be used solely for activities related to the Competition.
The Diversity and Inclusion Office accepts no liability for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated or otherwise invalid contact information.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be obtained from https://www.dio.cuhk.edu.hk/.